"A God-fearing woman has Jesus as her first priority. She knows that doing God's will for her life is more important than doing what she wants to do. She is blessed by God and the favor of God is upon her life. She refuses to live beneath her privilege as a child of the King because she knows her worth. God has blessed her with everything she needs to fulfill her role as a child of God." Quoted from Women of Christian Faith on Facebook. Picture quote from same source.
Not so recently, I have come across more people than not who take God-fearing in the wrong context, believing it is as though God is to be feared as any human would be feared. Not the case. God-fearing, at least to me, is knowing that God has the final judgment in where we will spend eternity - in Heaven or in hell. From the movie, "The Lion, the Witch & the Wardrobe", the beaver says that "Aslan (God) is not safe, yet He is good." We are to have a sound mind & keep our temples clean, & remember that the only way to Heaven is through Jesus Christ. It is a daily struggle to fight our own mind battle, our own flesh, worldly temptations, satan & his minions. It takes much faith to believe in things we cannot see, & to accept that sometimes the answer to our prayers is "maybe" or "no" - that it will not look the way we want it to look, but His way. I have Jesus as my first priority. Nothing, & no one will ever trump Him. My relationship with Him is the most important relationship of my life here & for eternity. I feel blessed by God & believe I have the favor of God upon my life. Looking back on everything I have been through, His handprint is on absolutely everything - good, bad & ugly. Everything that was meant for my harm He turned to blessings/victory. I deserve nothing more than to be treated by a man as He treats me - like a Princess... a Proverbs 31 woman. I read a book a couple of years ago, "Jesus, Mean & Wild". Great book & highly recommended for those who have the mindset that He was only meek, mild, & tame. Though God is wild & not to be tamed, or put in a box, He is still good - He loves us so much He gave His very life for us as Jesus on the cross, & allows us to choose to accept His Spirit to dwell in our hearts.

No comments:
Post a Comment